Miss Lily is doing very well. I look at her and see a positively chunky little baby. She is so BIG to me when I remember how little Amelia was, three months behind in all her clothing, etc.
She is eating like a little horse. We are up to two bowls of 1/2 grain and 1/2 fruit or veggie twice a day. She absolutely LOVES solid food. We finally got the clue she wanted food when we noticed her watching our every movement at the dinner table, from plate to mouth, plate to mouth. It was funny to watch her head bob. Poor thing probably gave herself whip lash! So we pulled out the steak and eggs - gee I wish! Actually, we are pureeing most everything for her. I can't wait until she gets that pincer reflex and can start feeding herself. Amelia started around 8 months so Lily has some time.
With all of the above, you can imagine the shock when we went in for her 6th month check-up and she placed just below the 5th percentile for weight!!! The doctor looked at Amelia's chart for comparison and assured me that Lily is very healthy and it is probably genetic - obviously Buddy's genetics. However, Lily did sprout up to 90th percentile height so I am chalking it up to her lengthening out and her chub has just not caught up quite yet.
Lily also starting rolling BOTH ways tonight. She may have started a couple days earlier but we are not sure if Amelia rolled her then or Lily did it herself (see Amelia note below). Lily is now in the full rolling mode, right across the floor. She is a little steam roller - so cute to watch!
Amelia is continuing to be the BIG sister and "taking care" of Lily with or without me. It is pretty funny when I catch her "feeding" Lily or trying to roll Lily over. I have to have a big sense of humor about it all because Amelia is just trying to help, really, really trying. It is very cute.
I apparently also have a little book worm on my hands. We have a musical night light that we play for Amelia at bedtime. I caught her with it in her bed tonight using it to read a bunch of books. It was 9:30 pm and she should have been asleep but oh no, "Huckle the Cat" and "Thomas the Train" were keeping her up! Mommy was not happy.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Updates, updates
Posted by Frenzied Family Four at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment