Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sorry for the wait on the update!

We have been really busy lately and I have gotten behind. I am embarrassed because I have all of these cute Amelia photos and no time to post them - partially Amelia's fault!

Baby - The wee spawn is doing well. We are still on course for mid-July. The pool is looking better every day as the temperatures start to hover between the 80's and 90's.

We have two names picked out for the baby, one will be the first name and the other one will be the middle name. We will choose which is which based on her. We managed to get a Catholic saint and a nod to my Grandma Davis who passed away recently at 93!

Amelia - Spunky as ever! Some kiddos get bruises on their knees. Amelia has taken to getting knots and bruises on her head. She is a little monkey and climbs everything - including counters which she then falls off of by the time Buddy or I come running or yelling to get off of. She manages to control the tears fairly well but it is hard to scold her for climbing when she is sobbing because of a boo boo.

Everything by the way is a "boo boo" and needs to be kissed ASAP!

Melissa - See "Baby" hah! I am really looking forward to the upcoming year off of work. It will be nice to be able to check the kiddos into the gym daycare for an hour and just work out - everyday! The house will probably be cleaner than ever too! I will give myself a couple months to figure out juggling two wee ones though.

I had a blood pressure "scare" at my last OB appt., but since Sunday it has gone way down. I am doing all that I can to avoid having those nasty bi-weekly NSTs (non-stress tests which are really BIG stress tests), pre-eclampsia watch and induction which I had all of with Amelia. I am theorizing that by the time Thursday and Friday hit - I am just burnt out teaching and as a result my blood pressure is slightly higher then it should be. My self-diagnosed "cure" is to take off the remaining Fridays for the year!

Buddy - He recently built an "impenetrable chicken condo unit" (pictures coming) for my Mother's Day present. It is an amazing engineering feat complete with a roof. The whole thing is eight feet tall by 20 foot by 16 foot with a regular hinged door and locks. He built the individual frames from 2x4's, covered them with coated wire-mess and then assembled the whole thing! For the paint, he mixed all of our left over whites and yellows, added maybe a cup of left over red enamel and turned the whole thing pink! It is actually quite fitting for our hens and matches the house/desert surroundings nicely.

Buddy also recently planted a dwarf blood orange and a lemon in the back yard! So we have tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, an apple tree (with apples as long as the squirrels stay away), and two citrus trees! Plus our eggs of course!

Buddy was invited as somewhat of an honor to a conference at his company's national headquarters in June. Unfortunately, he had to turn it down due to a previously scheduled week vacation we are taking to Seattle.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was Seattle? See Andrea? How are you feeling now? Not sure if you noticed but we're moving to El Paso in August! Hope to come out to visit everyone sometime in the fall!
Miss you-
Kel