Yeah, Lily turned one year old July 11th and we had lots of friends and family over to celebrate the big ocassion.
Of course, having an older sister and some "older" friends, we had to find some activities for the 3 year old and up crowd. We ended up with a pinata and presents turned into an audience participation activity too ;) .
I made her cake this year and I think it turned out well. It was chocolate with strawberry ice cream as the middle layer and pink marshmellow frosting. I then decorated it to look like a ladybug with a Hostess "sno ball" as the head. The frosting would NOT stick to the ice cream and kept cascading off the cake even between trips to the freezer. If anyone needs to make a believable volcano cake with oozing lava - I've got a recipe!
Here are some photos.
Trying to be happy with so much going on!
Friends "helping" Lily open her presents. Birthday ladybug ice cream cake - VERY pink!
0 comments:
Post a Comment