I love my neighborhood! Rows of 1950's bungalow houses side by side with grassy yards. Unfortunately so does the entire south-side of Tucson. We get around 3,000 people during weekday Halloweens. Tonight was 6,000+!!!
25 bags Costco candy x 250 pieces o' candy/bag x 1 piece PER person (with accompanying dirty "that's all I get" look) = 6,250 pieces o' candy! And that is running out at 9 pm.
Besides the shear volume of sugar (and sky rocketing cost of dum dums), we get a lot of adult trick-or-treaters which turns my stomach in a kind of creepy, kind of buy your own candy way. I also see a lot of newborns "trick or treating". Come on people! That kid's only sustenance is milk (hopefully), he can't even hold a sucker!
I guess it just shows my Republican roots when I have issue with others who show up expecting to suck up my hard work and money (with very few pleases or thank yous) and then leave their trash behind, ugh!
Trash pick up is also a neighborhood tradition every November 1st!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Halloween hub-a-ba-loo
Posted by Frenzied Family Four at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my god - I would close my door and turn off the lights. We maybe had 200 kids last night which I thought was a lot and very few please and thank you's. One high school kid wasn't dressed at all and had a pillow case - come on now! Anyway, Wes made it to about 10 houses and Megan just went with them. I don't get newborns either. One of our last families had a girl who was 6 months and I said oh isn't she cute. And her Mom said, we're taking her candy so fill us up= what do you say to that?
WOW! 6000+ That is insane! Did you guys end up giving candy away after all? Or did you hide? Out of control. Oh... and the saga between Campbell and Binghampton continues... after Binghamptons party was over... some of their ward came over to the ball park to snag candy at the trunk-or-treat... sneaky!
Oh and David said you should have just opened a coulple bags of skittles and given each of the kids/adults a single skittle as their treat... and if they didn't like it... sling shot it at them. Ungrateful people! Now on to Thanksgiving!
To be honest we let our next door neighbors do the hard work of buying/handing out the treats. We just mooch as we learned our lesson and gave up with the crowds years back. But we/they did hand out over 6,00 pieces this year!
We do monitor their 3 kiddos when they hand out candy. Middle school teacher comes in handy when telling teenie bopers to back off. The look on some kids faces when you pull the "teacher voice" is priceless. I also help with cooking and set-up for their annual party.
After an hour at their house we ran back and hid at ours. It was calm until the ghetto bird showed up at 11:30 pm, early for a Saturday!
Emmy - See I knew something was up between Binghampton and Campbell! Guess someone will have to make nice because you use the same building. Too bad the Catholics can't even talk to each other enough to get some good rivalries going! I was think about defecting to Scientology? ;)
Buddy thought about handing out individual Smarties. The problem is that over half the trick or treaters look like they could kick the crap out of us! For the really scary ones, we hide the candy in a closed hand and slip it in their bag. They can't see how much (or little) they get. I had one trash bag of garbage this morning! Yea me.
Post a Comment