Inspiration Point
Things seem to finally be settling down here!
Lily has responded very well to her GERD (reflux) medicine and is a whole new baby. She still has a royal fussy fit every evening, but is happy most of the time and can be settled if not. She is sleeping around 6+ hours a night - in her swing! The motion of the swing and the upright position help with the reflux issue. She sleeps in the living room and I have the monitor on so I get some peace and quite finally. When I asked our pediatrician how long she could sleep there, he looked at me quizzically and said "As long as possible for your sake!"
We had a lot of fun in Jackson as usual. We went on the Alpine Slide - I had a crash and burn moment on the fiberglass! Amelia, Buddy and I took the ferry boat across Jenny Lake in Teton National Park and then hiked up to Inspiration Point. Amelia caught her first fish - a cutthroat trout - with Papa's help. My parents arranged a fly-fishing trip for Buddy's birthday present (my mom and I stayed home with the girls). We visited the old barns along "Mormon Row" where you see a lot of the VERY famous photos of the Teton Mountains.
Buddy's fly-fishing expedition.
Mormon Row barn with the Tetons in the back.
We also got to see my aunt, uncle, cousin and of course my grandparents. Amelia got a kick out of seeing "Great-Papa" and "Great-Nana" and playing at their house. We are going back to Jackson after Christmas for a week. I can't wait!
Now that we are back home, Amelia and I are working on potty training. We managed to finally kick the "ba-ba's" (i.e. bottles) as I didn't take any to Wyoming and Amelia had to do without. I am basically having to do the same thing with the pull-ups. She will have none and have to use underwear. She will wear underwear out and about but will not use the potty and thus hold it until we get home and then have an accident - ugh!I have to admit that I am still not the "nicest" mommy. I find myself easily frustrated with Amelia, the fact that she does not listen sometimes and chooses not to follow directions even more. I hate repeating myself and do not deal with toddler defiance very well - especially when I have a crying infant, two hands and have not had a chance to ____ ... (fill in the blank: drink my coffee, eat, pee, get dressed, comb hair, wash face, bathe, answer phone, etc.). Plus, I end up having to ignore Lily crying sometimes to attend to Amelia which makes me feel like a bad parent. I read an article that said the sooner you responded to your infant's cries, the more they learn to trust you. Great, Lily is going to grow up thinking her mommy sucks! It am really hoping that I will eventually reach a balance of where I feel less like an ogre. I would love to feel like I had time just to play with Amelia on the floor. Maybe some day when Lily's needs and sleep balance out!
We are surviving though!
0 comments:
Post a Comment