I went to Albie's (Alberston's) Friday after work. (Actually I dragged myself but that is another story that involves an inept state legislator and classes of 34, 36, 37 and 38 full of 11 year olds...)
Kellogg's is having a "Fuel for School" program where you buy ten items and receive an instant $10 savings + $10 mail-in rebate. Plus, the 8/2 Sunday paper had an insert for the program with a TON of $1 off coupons. I used those coupons + store coupons + instant savings + rebate and got...
That's 31 items there for the grand total of $21.29! That calculates to .67 an item! Here's the breakdown:
2 Mott's 64 oz. apple juice - store coupon = 1.37/ea
4 Easy Mac cups - BOGOF coupon x 2 = .50/ea
4 Chips deluxe - $1/2 MQ + rebates = .50/ea
2 "Princess" gummy snacks - $1/2 MQ + rebates = .50/ea
2 Rice Krsipies snacks - $1/2 MQ + rebates = .50/ea
2 PB Keebler cracker packs - $1/2 MQ + rebates = .50/ea
3 Knorr Rice and Noodle Sides - $1/3 = .33/ea
4 loaves Albie's bread - $4 off MQ from purchasing cookies above = .27/ea
2 Wacky Mac Pastas - .75/1 MQ x 2 = .25/ea
2 gallons Albie's milk = 1.39/ea
2 gallons Shamrock milk - $4 off MQ from purchasing fruit snack and rice crispies = .99/ea
Hormel lunch meat - .55/1 MQ = 2.44
3.37 lbs. bananas - $2 off MQ from purchasing PB crackers = FREE
- $10 instant savings from Kellogg's (fruit snacks, rice krispies, PB crackers, cookies)
- $10 mail-in Kellogg's rebate
- .20 bring own bag refund
Final total was $21.29! That translated to 76% savings.
I could have gotten 2 gallons of milk and 3 loaves of bread free but a lot of times cashiers have issues with "overages" and I didn't want to waste the overage since they couldn't apply it to anything. I didn't mind paying .25/loaf for bread and I needed A LOT of milk. Albie's cheap milk was "limit 2" so I bought 2 more Shamrocks for .99 with the coupon and thus ended up with 4 gallons for $1.19/ea.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Coupon jackpot!
Posted by Frenzied Family Four at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment